Named for the archaeological relic standing as the oldest example of electric storage, the Baghdad Battery is a blend to get you going without caffeine. Drink too much caffeine and built up a tolerance? Have a form of ADHD, so caffeine doesn't work quite right on you? Our teamaster does, and this blend works wonders on her. This blend will boost you with a kickstart to your day without a bit of caffeine, and all with a pleasant lemon-y flavor.
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 4 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra minute!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte?
- Use 10g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (5g or 1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
Ginseng, licorice, peppermint, hibiscus, lemongrass, passion flowers, St. John's Wort, & natural lemon flavor.