The traditional masala chai spices (cardamom pods, ginger, and cinnamon) blend with a strong Khongea Estate assam tea to form a delicious mellow masala.
- Use 14g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (5g or 1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 7g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 13g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a straight tea?
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 4 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
ETP Certified Assam black tea, Guatemalan cardamom pods, USDA Organic Indian ginger root, USDA Organic Indonesian cinnamon chips, USDA Organic Indonesian cloves, & USDA Organic Indian black peppercorns.