We've done the unthinkable: blended the art of the Masala Chai with the London Fog. This blend, designed to be drank as a latte, is a traditional English earl grey with all the established masala spices one would expect: cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, black peppercorns, and cloves. So, you might ask, what do we call this beautiful amalgamation of flavor profiles? An English blend of Italian bergamot and Chinese black tea with Indian masala spices? How could we call it anything but the Silk Road?
- Use 10g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (5g or 1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 7g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 13g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a straight tea?
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 4 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
USDA Organic Fair Trade Certified™ Chinese black tea, Guatemalan cardamom pods, USDA Organic Indian ginger root,USDA Organic American cinnamon chips, USDA Organic Indian black peppercorns, USDA Organic Malagasi Cloves, USDA Organic Fair Trade Certified™ essential Italian bergamot oil.